Re: [whatwg] Fetch: crossorigin="anonymous" and XMLHttpRequest

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> I don't think that that is a particularly convincing argument since there is
> no confused deputy problem here, and if a website is making security
> decisions based on referrer headers even when there are no other identifying
> signals, then that website is a lost cause.

Not if the referring URL was a capability, which I think might have
been the point.

> In other words, I see no new attack vectors being introduced, but I do see
> additional value, if we keep the referrer.

You do know there are efforts to making Referer obsolete within
Mozilla so to leak less information about the user?

> Regarding origin. I guess I don't care terribly strongly either way. But I
> don't really see the value of creating an exception here from regular CORS
> given that I don't see any attack vectors that are being closed.

Yeah, hmm, I wish more people participated in this thread.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/