Re: [whatwg] HTML5 parsing and specification challenges and difficulties

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni) wrote:

> I am implementing an HTML5 parser and as part of the project I have to
> write a report that should include what are the major challenges faced
> during writing the specs of the parser and the actual parsing process. I
> have been trying to find some useful information but couldn't find any.
> Does anyone know if any references for what I want?

The main challenge was that none of the browsers agreed, and so we had to
first figure out what was actually necessary for compatibility with
deployed content. After that, it was mostly just a lot of work, and then a
lot more work cleaning up the edges.