[whatwg] datalist element example and option element content model

From: Kurosawa Takeshi <taken.spc@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:24:29 +0900
To: whatwg@whatwg.org
Hi,

I noticed inconsistency between datalist element example and option
element content model.

In a datalist element's code example, there are option elements which
don't specify label attribute and are empty.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-button-element.html#the-datalist-element

> <label>
>  Sex:
>  <input name=sex list=sexes>
>  <datalist id=sexes>
>   <option value="Female">
>   <option value="Male">
>  </datalist>
> </label>>

However option element section prohibits such condition.

> The label content attribute, if specified, must not be empty. If the attribute is not specified, then the element itself must not be empty.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-button-element.html#the-option-element

My question is which one is correct: the code example or the option
element section.

Cheers,
--
Takeshi Kurosawa <taken.spc@gmail.com>