[whatwg] URL: javascript URLs

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:45:47 +0200
To: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
Hi,

I have been looking into defining javascript URLs on top of
http://url.spec.whatwg.org/ and would like some help. You get the
JavaScript source by concatenating the path and fragment, with "#"
inbetween of course, and then removing the percent encoding (for
non-hierarchical URLs query appears to be part of the path). Then you
feed that to the JavaScript parser/interpreter.

What I am wondering about is why e.g. %E2%84 results in a code point
in both Gecko and Chrome and whether that is required for
compatibility (in Opera I get U+FFFD as I expected).

bz also described some kind of special byte-based script in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2010Nov/0317.html
but it appears no other browser has that.

Anything else I'm missing?

Cheers,

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/