Re: [whatwg] Spec for location object needs to make some properties unforgeable; need supporting WebIDL changes

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 00:50:06 -0400
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 9/28/12 12:44 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> What about other functions from Object.prototype, by the way?
> toLocaleString, watch, hasOwnProperty, etc.?  If there are a bunch of
> properties (that don't correspond to IDL members) that need protecting,
> maybe handling it in [DefineOwnProperty] is the simplest thing to do.

I don't think the rest of those need protecting for Location.  And
simply making valueOf an own non-configurable property is a lot simpler
than creating yet another custom [DefineOwnProperty] implementation, at
least in Gecko, and has the benefit of not being weird magic from the
point of view of the web page.  I can't speak for other implementations...

-Boris