Re: [whatwg] Hardware accelerated canvas

This might be a silly idea, but what about this:

When all references to the context are lost (garbage collected), simply
store the image on the canvas and make it behave like it was just an image.
This would lose all the state of the context, but since the problem seems
to be mostly with things like graphing and stuff like that, it might not be
a problem, since if the reference to the context was lost, it seems to
imply that it won't be needed anymore and what's left is just a static
image.

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Cheers,
Jussi