Re: [whatwg] Resource loading in browsing context-less Documents

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com> wrote:
> Why is it useful to go to trouble of doing
> document.implementation.createHTMLDocument('foo').createElement('img')
> and have that fetch? The opposite seems true to me. It seems useful
> that there's a way to create elements which explicitly are inactive.
> It creates a safe playground to assemble DOM without worrying about
> intermediate states triggering externally visible effects.

Yeah sure, I'm not opposed to that. But that seems like a somewhat
bigger change, no? E.g. then you would also change <a>.click() be a
no-op I suppose? Or <form>.submit(). Not just img.src has side
effects.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/