Re: [whatwg] Proposal to extend Microdata API specification

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:54:53 +0000 (UTC)
To: (wrong string) •го€ иколаев <termi1uc1@gmail.com>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, ~Uго~@ ~]иколаев wrote:

> 1. itemValue for <form> elements (INPUT, TEXTAREA, PROGRESS, METER, SELECT,
> OUTPUT):
> It's difficult to control form's element with Microdata API. Setting
> itemValue for these elements set their "textContent" value, what is a bit
> messy.
> My proposal is setting "value" property instead of "textContent" for them.

What's the use case for having form controls expose microdata?

> 2. "scopedItem" for properties.
> It's difficult to take the parent `Microdata item` out of
> current `Microdata item` in event listener, for example.
> My proposal is to add property with the name something like "scopedItem"
> that will return the parent of current `Microdata item`. For "root"
> Microdata item it can return null.

Unfortunately an item can have multiple parents:

...so it's not obvious how to make this work.

Can you elaborate on the use case? (You gave some sample markup but I
couldn't work out what it was trying to do and why microdata would be the
way to do it.)