Re: [whatwg] some thoughts on bring HTTP upon UDP: iWebPP - instant web p2p technology

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Well, declaring that it should use UDP alone won't make it happen. It
> obviously will work nicely for small messages that are idempotent (so
> they can be retransmitted safely), but things get complicated beyond
> that.
>
> There's also previous work to study; for instance Microsoft has used
> HTTP over UDP for notifications in the past.
>
> A good place to bring this up might be the HTTPbis Working Group, which
> will be looking at what HTTP/2.0 might be very soon.

I haven't added anything to the HTML spec on this. If you want to pursue
this kind of feature, I recommend doing as Julian suggests, or, even
better, approaching browser vendors directly and having them experiment
with ideas in this area.