[whatwg] Quirks Mode Standard

On Monday 2012-02-13 09:00 +0100, Simon Pieters wrote:
> >Exactly.  My proposal, again, is that neither of these quirks
> >apply inside a shorthand.
>
> But this is not what Gecko does.
>
> http://software.hixie.ch/utilities/js/live-dom-viewer/saved/1339
>
> I don't know how much content uses unitless lengths or hashless
> colors in shorthands in quirks mode. We will need to research both
> implementations and content to inform what the spec should say here,
> I think.

To be exact, they don't apply inside the following shorthands:
  -moz-border-end
  -moz-border-start
  -moz-columns
  background
  border
  border-bottom
  border-image
  border-left
  border-right
  border-top
  the size/weight/style and family parts of 'font'
  list-style
  outline
and also don't apply inside the following complex properties:
  box-shadow
  text-shadow

I suspect that the bit that was documenting an exception for
font-size was documenting the exception (that the quirk *does*
apply) for *within* the 'font' shorthand.

-David

--
?   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   ?
?   Mozilla                           http://www.mozilla.org/   ?