[whatwg] Quirks Mode Standard

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:51:42 +0100
Hi

Today I started working on a spec for quirks mode. I used
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Mozilla_Quirks_Mode_Behavior as a
starting point. The draft is here:

http://simon.html5.org/specs/quirks-mode

It is very likely that more quirks need to be added, but as I went through
the list I was surprised about how many of them were *not* widely
implemented across browsers, and so may not be needed for Web compat and
can be dropped.

I'm happy for the spec to be moved somewhere, and I can volunteer to edit
it, but I can't promise to spend a lot of time on it.

It would be useful if browser implementors could review the draft,
consider dropping quirks, give feedback about quirks that can't be
dropped, and consider aligning with other implementations for quirks that
are here to stay.

cheers
--
Simon Pieters