[whatwg] Use Image Alpha Channels for Click Pass-throughs and CSS Exclusions (Wrapping)

On Feb 8, 2012, at 8:19 PM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils at dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:

> Rodger Combs <rodger.combs at gmail.com> schrieb am Wed, 8 Feb 2012
> 21:03:06 -0600:
>
>> Could a feature be added to the CSS spec to allow text to wrap around
>> alpha-channel-possessing images in a manner similar to that of word
>> processors? The alpha channel could also be used to pass through
>> clicks on portions of images below a certain alpha value (specified
>> in CSS) to the element underneath.
>
> The CSS Working Group has an open mailing list:
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/#www-style>
>
> --
> Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
> <http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>

pointer-events: opacity() has been brought up a few times.

Advanced flow integration for svg paths and text has been proposed as well.

I doubt we'll see opacity based text flow, but if we do, those two items I mentioned are going to happen first.