[whatwg] Should events be paused on detached iframes?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:57:17 -0500
On 2/8/12 3:50 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> "Should events be paused on detached iframes"? Or another question?
> (Sorry, I've lost the context here.)

The thread is discontinuous in the archives (why?), but I think the
relevant part was:

   It's possible to switch these relevant checks to walk the
   ownerDocument chain instead, say.  Then we need to audit all the
   callsites to make sure this makes sense at them and figure out what
   to do for the ones where it doesn't.  (For example, should
   window.alert on the window of an iframe not in the DOM put up a
   dialog in a tab based on the ownerDocument of the iframe?  Or not put
   one up at all?)  There are quite a few APIs that need to be thus
   audited if this invariant is changed.

-Boris