Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Loading and executing script as quickly as possible using multipart/mixed

From: (wrong string) 陈智昌 <willchan@chromium.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 14:11:17 -0800
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Unless I am misunderstanding, SPDY will not solve this problem. SPDY uses
prioritized multiplexing of streams. Generally speaking, a browser will map
a single resource request to a single stream, which would prevent chunked
processing by the browser without multipart/mixed. One could imagine
working around this by splitting the single resource into multiple
resources, and then relying on SPDY priorities to ensure sequential
delivery, but that is suboptimal due to having limited priority levels (4
in SPDY/2, 8 in SPDY/3), and many of them are already used to indicate
relative priority amongst resource types (
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/source/search?q=DetermineRequestPriority&origq=DetermineRequestPriority&btnG=Search+Trunk
).