Re: [whatwg] Proposal for HTML5: Virtual Tours

From: Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:05:44 +0200
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:55:31 +0200, Leo Willner <leo.willner@chello.at>
wrote:
> To throw in my 5 cents:
> If tour is just needed for panos we could do a <pano>-tag, for that we
> need the distorted 360°-pano-image and do a rendering of it in the
> browser into a 360°-pano.

But it's *really* not needed. This is such a small use case, and is doable
already with canvas or other web features.

Advanced tours? WebGL.
Less advanced ones? Canvas, - or just images, css, transitions and
animations.

This is really something you can easily build with existing technologies.

--
Odin Hørthe Omdal (Velmont/odinho) · Core, Opera Software, http://opera.com