Re: [whatwg] HTMLLinkElement.disabled and HTMLLinkElement.sheet behavior

On 8/28/12 2:12 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, "0 1 2" in your testcase at
>> http://damowmow.com/playground/demos/document-write-and-scripts/002.html is
>> consistent with the following order of execution:
>>
>> 1)  x=0
>> 2)  x1=0,x=1 (nothing else has run yet because we're waiting on
>>      blank.js)
>> 3)  setTimeout fires, sets x2 = 1
>> 3)  second external script runs, sets x = 2.
>
> There's only one external script. The script after the style sheet is
> internal.

Agreed.

> If it blocks, you get "0 1 2" (when x2 gets set to x in the
> timeout, it's still x=1, because the next script, which sets x=2, hasn't
> run). In Gecko, however, that internal script doesn't block, and so the
> timeout runs after x has been set to 2. Hence "0 2 2".

Right.

> The reason for having the external script in 002.html is that it causes
> document.write() to return right there

Ah, I see.  So is what you're proposing that stylesheets that are
inserted by a "nested tokenizer" not block scripts in general, but
stylesheets that are inserted by a top-level tokenizer block scripts as
usual?

Or is what you're proposing that scripts that are inserted by a "nested
tokenizer" not block on stylesheets?

-Boris