Re: [whatwg] HTMLLinkElement.disabled and HTMLLinkElement.sheet behavior

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 01:59:38 -0400
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On 8/28/12 12:46 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> I've updated the spec to not block on style sheets for nested parser's
> scripts.

I'm not sure I follow.  What is not going to block on what with this change?

As far as I can tell, "0 1 2" in your testcase at
http://damowmow.com/playground/demos/document-write-and-scripts/002.html
is consistent with the following order of execution:

1)  x=0
2)  x1=0,x=1 (nothing else has run yet because we're waiting on
     blank.js)
3)  setTimeout fires, sets x2 = 1
3)  second external script runs, sets x = 2.

So it looks like the second external script in your testcase there is in
fact blocking on the stylesheet... or something.  And I'm not sure how
reconcile that with the behavior at
http://damowmow.com/playground/demos/document-write-and-scripts/001.html

What am I missing?

-Boris