Re: [whatwg] alt and title attribute exception

Philip Jägenstedt Wed Aug 1 05:05:15 PDT 2012:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 14:03:02 +0200, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>
>> title has differing semantics to alt. In situations where alt it not
>> present on an img but title is, in webkit based browsers the title
>> attribute content is displayed on mouse hover and is also displayed in
>> place of the image when images are disabled or not available. This
>> implementation appears to contradict the must requirement in the spec.
>>
>> User agents must not present the contents of the alt attribute in the
>> same way as content of the title attribute.
>>
>> As there is no way visual distinction between title content being
>> displayed and of alt content in this case.
>
> To be very clear, you agree with the spec, think that WebKit is wrong and
> would not offer any applause if Opera were to use the title attribute to
> replace images when images are disabled and there is no alt attribute?

[I suppose 'the spec' means the W3 HTML5 spec?]

Question: I would be rather simple for Opera, would it not, to add some
CSS that makes the @title be used as @alt replacement when the @alt is
lacking?
--
leif halvard silli