[whatwg] Question: rel="help"

From: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:50:30 +0000
Schalk,

Javascript-only help text (tooltip or otherwise) or any other content intended for human consumption is a really bad idea for all the usual reasons (#a11y, mobile, search etc.)

Consider adjusting your content design to incorporate the help text instead (perhaps with either the respective element's "title" attribute or with a nearby/adjacent element) so that it is available without JS, and then if you wish to do fancy tooltip effects feel free to provide them with JS (progressive enhancement) which re-uses that content from the page.

Thanks,

Tantek