[whatwg] Autofocus readonly Input Elements

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@webkit.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:09:09 -0700
On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Kaustubh Atrawalkar
<kaustubh at motorola.com>wrote:

>  Unless user gives a readonly element autofocus attribute this wont be
>>> triggered. And when user explicitly add autofocus he expects it to be
>>> focused. But still, the question remains with which behavior we should
>>> comply.
>>>

>> Having said that, I agree with you. If the author explicitly adds
>> autofocus attribute, it seems more natural to think the element should be
>> auto-focusable.
>>

> In this case there would be issue if there any sites which have readonly
> elements made autofocus but still not expecting to be focused on page load
> which would be very rare scenario. We can conclude to have readonly elements
> respecting autofocus attribute ?

It'll be nice if we could get some statistics to back your hypothesis. But
even without it, I don't think this behavior change would cause that much
compat. issue since an user can always move the focus.

- Ryosuke