[whatwg] HTMLForms: Implicit Submission with {display:none} button

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Kaustubh Atrawalkar <
> kaustubh at motorola.com> wrote:
>>
>> My perspective would be absence of submit button (with either
>> visibility:hidden OR display:none) would give user to create more enhanced
>> pages that will allow implicit submission like just username & password hit
>> enter and done and not having mandatory for Sign In button. (just a use
>> case)
>>

> Authors can already do this by injecting script although I'd argue that
> such an UI is not "enhanced" at all because users may not know pressing
> enter result in form submission.

Yes, but author can just reduce his scripting by using default behavior
provided by the browser engine. I agree that user may not know pressing
enter results in general form submission, but in case of search he does.
Just we can make it generic instead of just for one/two input elements.

- Kaustubh