[whatwg] HTMLForms: Implicit Submission with {display:none} button

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 10:49:32 -0400
On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> This makes the least sense of all to me.  visibility: hidden shouldn't have
> a side-effect like this.
>
> Why? From user's perspective, not having submit button, having a submit
> button with display: none, having a submit button with visibility: hidden
> all look the same.

This is an authoring question, not a user one; either the page's author
intends the form to be submittable or he doesn't.  Having visibility: hidden
affect this is even more surprising to me as an author than display: none.

Of course, display: none having an impact here is strange, too.  The
stylesheet shouldn't have this sort of behavioral side-effect.  Both of
these are weird exceptions, and happen only in IE and WebKit.  Definite
agreement with fixing WebKit to line up with FF/Opera in case #7.

--
Glenn Maynard