[whatwg] Suggestion for HTML5 context menus

From: Eric Sh. <shedokan1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:14:14 +0200
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Mark Callow <callow_mark at hicorp.co.jp>wrote:

>  On 23/10/2011 08:35, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>
> We added support for this in firefox, so you can get the behavior you
> want there in the meantime (I forget what we called the attribute
> though).
>
>  Is there a way for the user to access the regular context menu? I could
> imagine it being extremely irritating and even frustrating if one can't
> access familiar and useful items like "Copy link location", "Bookmark this
> page" or "Select all" because the author of some element on the page has
> decided to redesign the context menu.
>
> Regards
>
>     -Mark

In firefox you can Shift+Right-Click to show the default context menu.
So you are given multiple options:
1. Disallow websites to change and hide the contextmenu at all
2. Show the default context menu with a Shift+Right-Click

So I don't see what is the problem? other UA's must face this in a way they
choose and any complaints about this is to them.

We added support for this in firefox, so you can get the behavior you
want there in the meantime (I forget what we called the attribute
though).

 I don't see this in firefox, I tried the nodefault="true" as in the w3 bug
tracker but that doesn't do anything. Are you sure that it was really added
and if so why isn't it in this example:
https://bug617528.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=554309

Regards,
Eric