[whatwg] Undoscopes inside an editable region should ignored

From: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 19:27:21 -0700
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>> When an element with an undoscope goes from editable to non-editable, does
>> it then get a fresh undo stack? When it goes from non-editable to editable
>> does it lose it's undo stack? I think the answer to both those questions
>> should be yes, but I'm not 100% convinced.
>>

> For WebKit, this would mean that we must do style re-calc before each DOM
> mutation because we won't be able to determine to which undo scope a node
> belongs otherwise. I'm really sad about it but we don't seem to have a much
> choice here.

Do we know that we definitely need user-modify? Could Mozilla's
implementation of making it effectively read-only work?

I guess I'd be fine with saying that the undomanager is created at the time
the undoscope property is set, but I'm not sure what we can do about the
non-editable --> editable case.