[whatwg] datalist @exclusive

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:38:49 +0100
Jukka K. Korpela:
> Christoph P?per wrote:
>> Diogo Resende:
>>>
>>> I was thinking.. what about allowing big time spans,
>>
>> ISO 8601 specifies how to code time intervals (and durations) ? ? the separator always is
>> a forward slash ?/?, replacable by a double hyphen ?--? if necessary.
>>
>> If HTML was to support this it should do so in compatibility with ISO 8601.
>
> Setting a date range limitation is already possible (?) with min and max attributes

Sure. The slash notation should only be employed if one wanted to submit time interval data as a single entity to the server. HTML has no form widget, i.e. ?input? type, supporting that (yet). Usually one or, more commonly, two entities / form elements out of ?start?, ?end? and ?duration? are used instead.