[whatwg] datalist @exclusive

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 14:46:53 +0100
Diogo Resende:

> I was thinking.. what about allowing big time spans, like: from April 1st to June 30th? Giving that the date has "-" as date element separators we could not use YYYY1-MM1-DD1-YYYY2-MM2-DD2.

ISO 8601 specifies how to code time intervals (and durations) in several ways: start and end date/time, start date/time and duration, duration and end date/time, or duration only ? the separtor alwas is a forward slash ?/?, replacable by a double hyphen ?--? if necessary.

If HTML was to support this it should do so in compatibility with ISO 8601.