[whatwg] Proposal for separating script downloads and execution

From: Kyle Simpson <getify@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:58:05 -0600
>> So, I'm just curious, what do the participants of this thread (and Ian,
>> specifically) feel is the most productive next step? We have 3 or 4
>> proposals that have all garnered various support. We've had at least one
>> browser-developer informing us on concerns with various aspects of each.
>
> As with all other feedback on the spec, at some point I will take all the
> e-mail on the topic, read it, throw away any e-mail repeating
> previously-made points or just stating support without reasoning, and then
> reply, making any appropriate changes to the specification.

OK, then in fairness to posterity (including our future-selves), I would
highly suggest/request that the the 3rd (and 4th) proposals recently
discussed on this list should get their own entries on this wiki page:

http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Script_Execution_Control

While Ian may spend the time to wade through this whole complicated thread
at some point, I think the benefit of the greater community deserves a
clearer and more succinct summary of where we've come thus far.

--Kyle