[whatwg] wrapper element

From: Markus Ernst <derernst@gmx.ch>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 23:03:12 +0100
Am 28.02.2011 19:56 schrieb Tab Atkins Jr.:

> I believe you're arguing that the "wrapper" semantic, being similarly
> ubiquitous, thus needs its own new element as well.  What you're
> missing is that the "wrapper" semantic is precisely what<div>  already
> expresses.

I do understand usuario's <wrapper> proposal slightly different from
element is conveying structure, but not semantics.

Usuario's <wrapper> is not structural, but purely presentational. It
should actually not be there at all from an HTML point of view, but is
necessary for CSS reasons.

I agree with Bjartur Thorlacius' point that it makes more sense to
enhance CSS the way that presentational markup gets totally obsolete in
the future - but the idea of an element that is explicitly
non-structural does not look that odd to me.