[whatwg] [editing] HTML Editing APIs specification ready for implementer feedback

From: Aryeh Gregor <ayg@aryeh.name>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:47:53 -0400
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> WebKit treats any font-weight above or equal to 600 as bold because that's
> what user sees, and boldness is a binary concept in execCommand; Firefox 5
> appears to do the same.
> WebKit compares colors in rgb/rgba format; e.g. red is first parsed as
> rgb(255, 0, 0). ?Firefox 5 seems to does the same as well.
> WebKit compares font sizes in legacy font size used in font element;
> See?CSSStyleSelector::legacyFontSize or?legacyFontSizeFromCSSValue in
> EditingStyle.cpp

Okay, I've now defined precisely how values have to be compared (in
two different ways), and painstakingly used them everywhere they're
necessary:

http://aryeh.name/tmp/editing/editing.html#equivalent-values

This should be well-defined now.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> WebKit fires those events :( ?I don't know why we do that. ?I think it's a
> WebKit bug but I'm just pointing that out in the case there are some
> websites out there that depends on this quirky behavior. ?Just
> cut/copy/paste for now as far as I know.

How do the cut/copy/paste commands work at all in WebKit?  I tried
using them but they did nothing.  queryCommandSupported() returns
false for all three.  Is there some special switch?