[whatwg] Placeholder visibility on focus

From: TAMURA, Kent <tkent@chromium.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:40:06 +0900

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/common-input-element-attributes.html#the-placeholder-attribute
> ?User agents should present this hint to the user, after having?stripped
> line breaks?from it,
> when the element's?value?is the empty string and the control is not
> focused (e.g. by
> displaying it inside a blank unfocused control).

I'd like to propose to change this part so that we allow UAs to show
placeholder text even if the control is focused.

* This behavior might depend on platforms.
    The password field of Windows 7 logon screen shows placeholder text when
the field is focused.

* autofocus + placeholder is useless in the current specification.

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google