[whatwg] Proposal to extend registerProtocolHandler

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay at helsinki.fi> wrote:

> On 07/06/2011 07:51 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>> I don't think browsers need to prompt for registerProtocolHandler.
>> Instead,
>> I would simply allow any site to register as a protocol handler for almost
>> anything, and remember all such registration
>>

> So all the ad sites (which are embedded via iframe or something) would
> just register all the possible protocols so that some user might
> accidentally use their site for protocol handling - especially if the site
> was the first one to register the protocol.
> Doesn't sound too good.

I think you could sequester the new app options sufficiently that that would
not be worth doing.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our