[whatwg] Revisiting innerWidth quirks

On 1/14/11 2:05 AM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> I've noticed, recently, that FF4b8 on Windows has a minimum
> window.innerWidth of 392px.

For what it's worth, that's more or less a bug.  It happens due to the
details of the UI structure (e.g. the url bar width can't shrink below a
certain amount) and the way XUL layout works.

> In FF, at least, using "zoom in" allows the the innerWidth to be
> reduced. This is a helpful trick
> for testing out more narrow window widths, such as a 200px width.

Or you could just create an iframe of whatever size you want and do the
testing there....

> I don't know that FF supports matchMedia
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#dom-window-matchmedia

Not yet.  I don't believe we've even reviewed that proposal for sanity yet.

-Boris