[whatwg] WebWorkers and images

From: Jorge <jorge@jorgechamorro.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:42:26 +0100
On 13/01/2011, at 22:15, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 1/13/11 3:19 PM, Jorge wrote:
>
>> I think so too for objects composed only of data properties, but what about methods ? getters ? setters ? and prototypes ?
>
> "Maybe".  It'd certainly take more work, and might start depending on exactly how your VM is structured.  Restricting to objects with null prototype and no non-data properties has the slight problem that imagedata doesn't have a null prototype.

Are you sure there's really a "maybe" for methods ?
Methods' functions have access to (at least) the sender's global context and contexts can't be shared, how to deal with that if not by prohibiting methods ?

WRT to prototypes, to keep it simple, I think .__proto__ should be null, because we can't pass (and make unreachable) things like Object.prototype :-)
--
Jorge.