[whatwg] Adding FormData support to <form>

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 01:12:21 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:28:12 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>
> wrote:
>> On Feb 26, 2010, at 11:37 AM, Michael Nordman wrote:
>>> Sure, but a better name could help a bit. For example, this produces
>>> a 'shared' object:
>>>
>>> document.getElementById("foo")
>>>
>>> while this creates a new one:
>>>
>>> myFormElement.getFormData()
>>>
>>> It might be ok, but it is a bit inconsistent.
>>>
>>> Why not:
>>> formData = new FormData();
>>> formData = new FormData(myFormElement);
>>>
>>> ah... +1 the ctor
>>
>> Indeed, constructor syntax makes it very clear that you are getting a
>> new object. I like.
>
> I could add this to XMLHttpRequest Level 2.

Just to close this thread in my inbox. This thread moved over to
public-webapps where I finally followed up with something tangible:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JanMar/0416.html

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/