[whatwg] DOM mutations, transactions and UndoManager thoughts

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011, Alex Vincent wrote:

> I'm working on DOM-based editing tools in my spare time, and have been
> for several years.  I use DOM mutation events to build "transactions" -
> objects which let me undo DOM mutations and redo them.
>
> [snip discussion of UndoManager and mutation events]

Since you sent your e-mail, both UndoManager and mutation events have had
work done on them outside the HTML spec.

UndoManager is now specced here:

   http://rniwa.com/editing/undomanager.html

...and is being discussed on threads in this mailing list.

Mutation events are being discussed in public-webapps at w3.org.

I encourage you to take part in these discussions.

Cheers,