[whatwg] CSS2 system colors in legacy color values

On 2010-05-23 23:49, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2010 21:06:53 +0200, L. David Baron <dbaron at dbaron.org>
> wrote:
>> The "rules for parsing a legacy color value" in
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/common-microsyntaxes.html#rules-for-parsing-a-legacy-color-value
>>
>> specify that CSS2 system colors should be accepted, and that they
>> should be converted to a simple color.
>> What was the motivation for adding support for CSS2 system colors
> IE compat.
>> (which I would note are deprecated in css3-color) to legacy HTML
>> color values?  What implementations support them,
> I think WebKit and IE.
>> and do they respond to dynamic changes properly?
> I don't know.
>
> It appears that Opera and Gecko don't support system colors. I
> wouldn't mind not supporting them, but it could be interesting to
> research how many pages it affects.

Interesting to know!

I'm kinda surprised that there is no support for floating point colors
though.
Althought I guess that "rgb(x%, x%, x%) An RGB percentage value (e.g.
rgb(100%,0%,0%))"
is as close as you get to that... Does percentage rgb color support
things like 85.41% though?
I hope so as only rgb(x%, x%, x%) is tentatively gamut independent.

--
Roger "Rescator" H?gensen.
Freelancer - http://EmSai.net/