[whatwg] Java language bindings for HTML5

On 5/21/10 1:34 AM, Shiki Okasaka wrote:
> * backward binary compatibility: the application programs developed
> with the former SDKs should run with browsers as long as browsers
> retain the required features for ECMAScript.

Gecko has this now for DOM interfaces, mostly.  It's a noticeable
performance and memory penalty, especially as features need to be added,
due to the way it's implemented right now on top of C++ vtables.  As
Benjamin mentioned, we will most likely stop doing this by default for
the core DOM interfaces.  Someone could still provide a stable ABI in
some form of C++ binding, but it's not clear to me that we plan to do
that ourselves.  Patches accepted, probably.

-Boris