[whatwg] Video with MIME type application/octet-stream

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:18:43 -0700
It's an error to have a parameter that isn't valid for the mime type, so are you suggesting (a) that you throw away the parameter as it's invalid or (b) since it's an error to supply application/octet-stream as the mime type in the first place, we may as well process its invalid parameter in an attempt to recover?

On May 20, 2010, at 10:27 , Simon Pieters wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010 18:44:12 +0200, David Singer <singer at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Did anyone revise the registration of application/octet-stream to add parameters?
>
> No. It's just error handling.
>
> --
> Simon Pieters
> Opera Software