[whatwg] Speech input element

On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:30:01 +0200, Bjorn Bringert <bringert at google.com>
wrote:
> Yes, I agree with that. The tricky issue, as Olli points out, is
> whether and when the 'error' event should fire when recognition is
> aborted because the user moves away or gets an alert. What does
> XMLHttpRequest do?

I don't really see how the problem is the same as with synchronous
XMLHttpRequest. When you do a synchronous request nothing happens to the
event loop so an alert() dialog could never happen. I think you want
recording to continue though. Having a simple dialog stop video
conferencing for instance would be annoying. It's only script execution
that needs to be paused. I'm also not sure if I'd really want recording to
stop while looking at a page in a different tab. Again, if I'm in a
conference call I'm almost always doing tasks on the side. E.g. looking up
past discussions, scrolling through a document we're discussing, etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/