[whatwg] getElementById

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 05:35:14 +0200
* Perry Smith wrote:
>As part of HTMLElement, have a defined bucket, maybe call it
>elementObject which is defined to be a native ECMAScript object.  If X
>denotes a particular DOM element, then X.elementObject is defined to
>return the same native ECMAScript object each time.  More details could
>be added perhaps to define how the object is created (i.e. which
>prototype to use, etc).  I'm thinking making it the same as {}.

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/core.html#Node3-getUserData allows
you to associate user data with a DOM Node object with gurantees about
the availability of the data when a node is eg. cloned if used properly.
--
Bj?rn H?hrmann ? mailto:bjoern at hoehrmann.de ? http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 ? Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 ? http://www.bjoernsworld.de