[whatwg] Need document.available_fonts() call

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 04:34 +0000, JustFillBug wrote:

> There should be a way to fetch available font to use in the document.
> Currently, the only popular way is to use Flash calls.
>
> document.available_fonts() or document.local_font_list() will be very
> useful.

Isn't this a little pointless? There are currently ways for the popular
browsers to have fonts embedded through CSS3. At the moment, there are a
couple of methods used by various browsers, but I see it being more
likely that font embedding will become unified than having a font list
functionality being built into the spec and then all the browsers. I'm
no expert on these things, but this would just seem more logical to me.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk