[whatwg] Expanding the cite element

From: Schalk Neethling <schalk@ossreleasefeed.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 22:45:03 +0200
I guess this is the 'Paving the cowpaths' situation. Is there a 'standard' where most developers do as in the sample by Ted? Also, I cannot see a backwards compatibility issue as the uri attribute on cite should be optional. So if a developer used cite and then wrapped the containing text in a link, that would work fine.

Going forward, the same developer can opt into using the new uri attribute of cite as opposed to wrapping the text in a link.

Schalk Neethling