[whatwg] Technical Parity with W3C HTML Spec

From: Mike Shaver <mike.shaver@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:06:10 -0700
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bottom of the charter: http://www.whatwg.org/charter
>
> I believe the decision process is knife fight to first blood.

"Editors should reflect the consensus opinion of the working group
when writing their specifications, but it is the document editor's
responsibility to break deadlocks when the working group cannot come
to an agreement on an issue" doesn't sound like the working group can
override anything, and only goes as far as "should".

It turns out that two of the Members are in the same building as me,
though, so I'll go see what they think the model is.  I think they may
be surprised to discover that they could have overridden Ian on
anything!

Mike