[whatwg] input type="location" proposals

From: Michelangelo De Simone <micdesim@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:17:02 +0200
2010/6/18 Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com>:

> These are two separate proposals and I both could co-exist one as
> type="location" and the other as type="gps"

Even though this sounds pretty nice to me, something critical should
be figured out before going deeper.
Precisely:

1. Maps are heavy to get, this means UA should heavily cache and/or it
should own whole maps data (huge!)
2. If 1) didn't exist because UA can, for instance, get maps data in a
blink of an eye: whose data are we gonna use?
3. Maps data are often non-free and non-open, reliable maps data are
always non-free and non-open.

My 2c...

--
Bye,