[whatwg] Form validation against invisible controls

From: Peter Kasting <pkasting@google.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:41:40 -0700
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:16 PM, TAMURA, Kent <tkent at chromium.org> wrote:

> There are some objections against omitting invisible controls from form
> validation. However, it is a real issue with existing sites and users can't
> submit such forms at all though they can submit it with non-HTML5 browsers.

How many existing sites?  What sites are asking for form validation but then
not actually working with it?  If this isn't a large number, I would prefer
to stay as-is and let the sites fix themselves.

My conclusion is it's better to disable interactive form validation for
> existing sites as possible. e.g. disabling interactive form validation for
> documents without "<!DOCTYPE html>".

I think this is a mistake.

PK