[whatwg] Do we really need a <device> element?

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:14:57 +0000
What is the use case for <device>?
I?ve searched the archives, read a thread, Googled around and read a
document on the subject, but still I haven?t found a use case for it
other than it is going to magically increase user privacy.

<input type=file accept="audio/*"> is a standard and compatible way to
request audio stream(s). I can?t see any drawbacks to using <input>
for audiovisual streams at least.

--
kv,
  - Bjartur