[whatwg] Potential Danger with Canvas API in html5 #html5 #canvas

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM, narendra sisodiya
<narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
> Yes, sure, I love to advocate adobe/similarcompany and modify my video -
> http://tinyvid.tv/show/2dz18ka146nfz , Provided they should do it in Client
> side so source can be seen. Providing a server side or similar rendering
> system which use 'Canvas' for displaying everything inside canvas from
> server side is as bad as flash player/plugin.Web may be hidden again under
> pixels.

It's not as bad.  It will work equally on all browsers and all
platforms, and several parties will get to compete on some key aspects
of the implementation (such as the speed and stability of the
underlying JavaScript).  It's not much different from any website
using closed-source server-side code.

> We can't stop anyone. Advocate SVG and making SVG-animation support with SVG
> animation authoring tools is a good way to reduce 'server side canvas
> rendering'.

If you don't have spec changes to propose, this is probably the wrong list.