[whatwg] Canvas "coordinate space units"

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:07:41 -0400
On 7/14/10 8:29 PM, David Flanagan wrote:
> As an aside, do you think any implementations actually do that? It seems
> to me that it would cause real problems with drawImage(): images would
> look bad compared to drawn graphics...

They do that anyway on a high-dpi display that uses multiple device
pixels per CSS pixel, no?  Except for scalable images, of course.

The canonical example here is printing: printing a bitmap image which is
desined at screen resolution will produce worse output than printing a
scalable one.  That's just life.

-Boris