[whatwg] HTML5 (including next generation additions still in development) - Mozilla Firefox (Not Responding)

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Aaron Boodman <aa at google.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This is about the ?fourth time I've said it here. Can the person in
>>> charge of writing the slow and buggy ajvascript on the HTML 5 spec
>>> please remove that?
>>>

>>> The problem is that that whatwg page causes freezes and crashes in Firefox. i
>>>
>>> When it doesn't throw errors, it freezes Firefox.
>>>
>>> This is is unfair to the the user, who might not anticipate when
>>> clicking on a link.
>>>
>>> Launching Task Manager...
>>
>> Use the multipage version of the spec instead. ?The one-page version
>> doubles as a browser stress-test.
>>
>> People do sometimes send links to the one-page version; you'll just
>> have to watch out for that and correct it yourself.
>
> I hear this every so often. Do we really need the spec to double as a
> browser stress test? I mean, there are actual test suites nowadays. I
> just want to read the spec.

There is also the ?slow-browser option, e.g.:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/?slow-browser

I sometimes wonder if that shouldn't be the default, and then the
people that wanted the commenting, etc. could bookmark the stress test
version.

-- Dirk