[whatwg] HttpOnly cookie for WebSocket?

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Salvatore Loreto wrote:

> a new IETF wg has been formed to take care of WebSocket protocol
> HyBi: http://tools.ietf.org/wg/hybi/charters
> So, this issue is something it should be discussed there
> (btw I am forwdard it to the HyBi ml)

The WHATWG is still actively working on the WebSocket protocol, as we are
with all of the specifications listed in the FAQ:

   http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#What_are_the_various_versions_of_the_spec.3F

...and feedback on the WebSocket protocol is therefore very welcome on
this mailing list. (Indeed, I continue to track all e-mails sent to this
list and will reply to all substantial feedback sent to it.)

As a side note, it's unclear exactly what the HyBi group is actually going
to be working on. The timetable listed on the charter linked above is
clearly at odds with reality; WebSocket is already shipping in Chrome and
is ready to be shipped in two other browsers, and multiple servers are
already available, so clearly March 2011 for a last call isn't really
workable (especially since the spec reached last call at the WHATWG in
2009 -- the main thing missing now is test cases). However, I encourage
anyone interested in Web Sockets to participate in the HyBi group, and
indeed discussion of their timetable is probably best had there.